Based in Canberra, Australia
BEARZERKERS is the premiere bear based evisceration experience. Feed your friends to the bears in HUNT or work together to defeat their mecha army in GAUNTLET. Video games! Local Multiplayer Only.
HistoryBut then more bears and other stuff happened!
And things got better! We decided to treat Pandamonium as a rough prototype and move forward, recreating the game from the ground up with a less shaky foundation and far more content. The new game is titled Bearzerkers, partly to separate it from the original free download, but also really to escape from a swarm of terrible pun image macros on Twitter. The new game has multiple playable characters and enemies, a large selection of maps, powerups and mode modifiers to change up every match.But then more bears and other stuff happened!
And things got better! We decided to treat Pandamonium as a rough prototype and move forward, recreating the game from the ground up with a less shaky foundation and far more content. The new game is titled Bearzerkers, partly to separate it from the original free download, but also really to escape from a swarm of terrible pun image macros on Twitter. The new game has multiple playable characters and enemies, a large selection of maps, powerups and mode modifiers to change up every match.
- HUNT:- Trap other players using rock walls, and activate your powerups at just the right moment on your way to killing the hell out of everyone. The end goal of HUNT is simple, be the last Critter left with the Bear. HUNT is a last man standing scenario with a variable number of bears, lives, and powerups, spread across a broad selection of open, twisting maps.
- GAUNTLET:- The second mode however is about moment to moment cooperation through the chaos. In GAUNTLET players must work together and use their skills in tandem to reach the end of a deliriously dangerous deathzone. Here, a single touch from any of the enemies within means death, though other players can save each other with a touch of their own. As you progress you level up and become more powerful, but with equal measure the challenge is raised. This mode is also playable alone if you are a crazy person.
- Up to 4 player local multiplayer! Challenge your friends to be the last alive in the dreaded arenas of Hunt, or help them surmount the deadly obstacles in Gauntlet.
- A plethora of match options and tweaks to change the game up every round.
- Painstakingly created beautiful 3D world with a lovely hand painted art style.
- Powerups galore await you in Hunt to give you the edge, as well as a number of customisable abilities for your critter pals in Spiral.
- Inappropriately kickass soundtrack and audio from local Canberra musician Tommy Gough.
Early Access Release Trailer YouTube
Old B-Reel Gameplay YouTube
Gamespot's "The Best Games You Haven't Heard Of" YouTube
Pandamonium EB EXPO Interview YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAXOCALYPSE- Best of PAX Prime 2013" Seattle, USA
- "Bigworld Wargaming Indie Showcase Winner- Ifest Canberra" Canberra, Australia
- "Warpzoned PAXPOCALYPSE- Best of PAX Prime 2013" PAX Prime Seattle, 2013
- "Bigworld Wargaming Indie Showcase Winner" iFest Canberra, 2013
- "“Brutal and cutthroat”"
- Jeremy "Junglist" Ray, Kotaku
- "“I could not stop laughing when I saw the panda break free from its cage.”"
- Nathan Manning, Analogue Addiction
- "“Easily the game I enjoyed the most of all the indie games I played at the EB Games Expo.”"
- Reuben Moorhouse, C'MON Rockets
- "“*Thumbs Up* Full Game of Pandamonium? Hell to the Yes!”"
- Jacob Wood, IndieHangover
Notice: Undefined variable: press_request in /websites/wi/wildgrassgames.com/press/sheet.php on line 768
Notice: Undefined variable: press_request_fail in /websites/wi/wildgrassgames.com/press/sheet.php on line 781
Notice: Undefined variable: press_request_outdated_warning in /websites/wi/wildgrassgames.com/press/sheet.php on line 786
Wildgrass allows for the contents of Bearzerkers to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Bearzerkers is legally & explicitly allowed by Wildgrass. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.wildgrassgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=bearzerkers.
Available for free from indiedb.com.
Wildgrass strives to create a wide variety of compact experiences that are filled with memorable moments and respect for the players time. We're currently working on Bearzerkers, a local multiplayer game for PC and Consoles.
More information on Wildgrass, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art and Level Design, Wildgrass
Game and Tools Programming, Wildgrass
Technical Artist and Designer, Wildgrass
Music, Sound Design, Freelancer
Character Concept Art, Freelancer
Concept and UI Art, Freelancer
Providing Office Space and Support